Sings to Coyotes

In the light of the full moon, coyote songs sound across the desert, reverberating back from the hills. Some of us sing back to them, wordless songs on the wind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kinda in the woods, Pacific Northwest, United States

Author of the Faeries' Oracle, Moon Over Water, Sun Over Mountain, and a multitude of odds and ends. Coyote poet. Grandmother. General troublemaker and rattler of cages.

12 February 2009

Running with the Deer

There has always beena great doubt in my mind
that I was ever meant to be domesticated.
I feel out of my time,
soul-sent to run with the deer
in a time when the deer
no longer run free.

And I find myself in the wrong world,
haunted
by memories of long-striding runs
across the glitter and crack of moonlit ice on the hills,
Gaia’s bare bones, looming black above me
against the star-deep sky.

Memories lie deep in my mind, yet flicker and rise
in unguarded times, a part of me
always feral and free, not to be
chained - and the older I am, the grayer I get, the more
I remember.

Copyright 2009 by Jessica Macbeth. All rights reserved.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger The Awakened Heart said...

Beautiful Jesa, just beautiful. I feel it too sometimes but I think that I am just too domesticated to let that wild gypsy in me out too often. Afraid perhaps of where it may lead me. You are a poet of the heart.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Alison Cross said...

Hey Jessica - are you no longer blogging now?

Ali x

7:02 AM  
Blogger Jesa said...

Ali, I'd like to, but I haven't been able to set up a blog that does what I want. I know it can be done because others do it, so I guess I'm just not enough of a techie. I'm going to focus on my various web pages and other writing for a while instead. http://jesamac.com is the main one and the others link to it. Cheers!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home