Sings to Coyotes

In the light of the full moon, coyote songs sound across the desert, reverberating back from the hills. Some of us sing back to them, wordless songs on the wind...

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kinda in the woods, Pacific Northwest, United States

Author of the Faeries' Oracle, Moon Over Water, Sun Over Mountain, and a multitude of odds and ends. Coyote poet. Grandmother. General troublemaker and rattler of cages.

17 May 2006

Crone

Her wise, old wizened face
grins up at me, laser-bright eyes
holding me. Like a bird before a snake -
I am fascinated, transfixed.
And she says, ‘You don’t think
I got to be this age
by playing it safe,
do you? I’d have died
of boredom long ago!’

© Jessica Macbeth, 2006. All rights reserved. Do not copy or repost without written permission.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home